Here's my list of academic publications. If you would like a copy of any of these papers, please let me know!
Note that any papers marked "in press" have been accepted for publication but are yet to be finalised.
- Kamayou, F., Granz, H., Tuccar, M., Purushe, S., Grinstein, M., Paciello, M. and Coleman, G.W. (2015). Implementing Accessibility in a Widely Distributed Web-Based Visualization and Analysis Platform - Weave. Journal on Technology & Persons with Disabilities, Volume 3, pp. 257-276.
- Sayago, S., Rosales, A., Righi, V., Ferreira, S.M., Coleman, G.W. and Blat, J. (2015). On the Conceptualization, Design, and Evaluation of Appealing, Meaningful, and Playable Digital Games for Older People. Games and Culture, first published on July 30, 2015 as doi:10.1177/1555412015597108
- Grinstein, G., Kamayou, F. and Coleman, G. (2015) Accessibility and a web-based visualisation and analysis platform, presentation at CSUN 2015 (presentation only)
- Coleman, G., Rosales, A. and Sayago, S. (2013) WorthPlay-Cross-cultural aspects of experience of digital game play, D9.1 Cross-Cultural Aspects of Experience or Digital Game Play, available from the WorthPlay website
- Martin, C., Coleman, G.W. and Hughes, J. (2013) Do student-produced videos encourage critical reflection amongst undergraduate computing students? Proceedings of HEA STEM Annual Learning & Teaching Conference 2013 (University of Birmingham, 17-18 April 2013), York: The Higher Education Academy.
- Coleman, G.W. and Hine, N.A. (2012) Twasebook: A "Crowdsourced Phrasebook" for Language Learners using Twitter. Proceedings of NordiCHI 2012 (Copenhagen, Denmark, 14-17 October 2012). New York: ACM Press.
- Valentine, E., Bobrowicz, A., Coleman, G., Gibson, L., Hanson, V.L., Kundu, S. McKay, A. and Holt, R. (2011) Narrating Past to Present: Conveying the Needs and Values of Older People to Young Digital Technology Designers. Proceedings of HCI International 2011 (Orlando, Florida, USA, 9-14 July 2011), pp. 243-249. Berlin: Springer.
- Kundu, S., McKay, A., Holt, R., Valentine, E., Bobrowicz, A., Coleman, G., Gibson, L. and Hanson, V.L. (2011) Towards an organic participatory approach to design for digital inclusion. Proceedings of the International Conference on Research into Design (iCoRD 2011) (Bangalore, India, 10-12 January 2011).
- Gibson, L., Coleman, G., Hanson, V.L., Valentine, E., Bobrowicz, A., Kundu, S., McKay, A. and Holt, R. (2010) Seeds - Designing for (and with) the digitally engaged. Proceedings of Digital Futures 2010 (Nottingham, UK, 13-14 October 2010).
- Coleman, G.W., Gibson, L., Hanson, V., Bobrowicz, A. and McKay, A. (2010) Engaging the Disengaged: How do we design technology for digitally excluded older adults? Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS 2010) (Aarhus, Denmark, 16-20 August 2010). New York: ACM Press.
- Hanson, V.L., Gibson, L., Coleman, G.W., Bobrowicz, A. and McKay, A. (2010) Engaging those who are disinterested: Access for digitally excluded older adults. Proceedings of ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2010) (Workshop) (Atlanta, GA, USA, 10-15 April 2010). New York: ACM Press.
- Simpson, M., Coleman, G.W. and Hughes, J. (2009) Towards a Personal Development Plan for ICS students entering the creative industries. Presented as a poster at the 10th Higher Education Academy ICS Annual Conference (Canterbury, Kent, 25-27 August 2009).
- Simpson, M. Coleman, G.W. and Hughes, J. (2009) The Placement Pitch Project. Workshop session at the 10th Higher Education Academy ICS Annual Conference (Canterbury, Kent, 25-27 August 2009).
- Coleman, G.W., Macaulay, C. and Newell, A.F. (2009) The Sonic Mapping Tool: Understanding the everyday lived experiences of soundscapes. Sonic Interaction Design Workshop (York, 2 April 2009).
- Hughes, J., Gregor, P., Chaplain, M., Coleman, G. and McIver, L. (2009) Research-Teaching Linkages: Enhancing graduate attributates (Information and Mathematical Sciences). The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education in Scotland (Glasgow, Scotland).
- Coleman, G.W. (2008) The Sonic Mapping Tool. Doctoral thesis, University of Dundee, UK.
- Coleman, G.W., Macaulay, C. and Newell, A.F. (2008) Sonic Mapping - Towards engaging the user in the design of sound for computerized artifacts. Proceedings of the Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI 2008) (Lund, Sweden, 20-22 October 2008), pp. 83-92. New York: ACM Press.
- Coleman, G.W., Macaulay, C. and Newell, A.F. (2006) Listen to This - Using ethnography to inform the design of auditory interfaces. Proceedings of the Workshop on Haptic and Audio Interaction Design (HAID 2006) (Glasgow, Scotland, 31 August - 1 September 2006), pp. 133-144. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Coleman, G.W. (2005) Developing a method for the design of auditory interfaces within contemporary interaction design. Presented at the Doctoral Consortium at Accessible Design in the Digital World (Dundee, Scotland, 23-25 August 2005).
- Coleman, G.W., Hand, C., Macaulay, C. and Newell, A.F. (2005) Approaches to auditory interace design - Lessons from computer games. Processings of the 11th meeting of the International Conference on Auditory Display (ICAD 2005) (Limerick, Ireland, 6-9 July 2005), pp. 99-104.